The Critical Infrastructure Industry (CII) requires essential telecom networks to be secure, reliable, resilient and safe so interference from other networks within the same Radio Frequency (RF) bands in unacceptable. Interference occurs unlicensed wireless networks within the same RF bands disturb or “interfere” with each other causing communication downtime, which can cost money and lives.
For reliable communications 24×7 & 365, electric utilities need real-time two-way communications with substations and reclosers, or to monitor and mitigate alarms, therefore interference is critical and potentially life-threatening. Space Data’s combined licensed spectrum holdings provide secure, flexible-use, scalable and exclusive-use spectrum nationwide to fit your needs.
You can acquire the amount of spectrum that you need for your communications applications – from 200 kHz to 1.7 MHz of our 1.8 MHz of Narrowband Personal Communications Service (NPCS) licenses. Below are the bands licensed to Space Data.
Space Data’s NPCS 900 MHz spectrum can be deployed to support local, county, state or even nationwide networks. Contiguous license blocks from 100 kHz to 400 kHz support numerous applications, such as:
- Field Area Networks (FANs) for grid modernization and teleprotection
- Backhaul and Distribution Automation with Point-to-Mulitpoint radios at 50 to 100 kHz bandwidth
- TDD and FDD radios from 4RF, GE, MiMoMax, Ondas and more
- Radios can be trialed for up to 3 months on Space Data licenses
- Sensus radios for Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) solutions
- DMR and SCADA at 12.5 to 25 kHz
- Commercial and industrial NB-IoT solutions
- Introduce 2 to 5 NB-IoT channels on your towers
- Partner with Space Data on 2 SkySite® high altitude NB-IOT channels
- Land Mobile Radio (LMR) networks
- FCC 900 MHz rebanding initiatives
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), drones and terrestrial robots